Internship and volunteer opportunities in Kenya
We offer Internship/volunteers programs and mission work programs throughout the year.Participants can work in our centre and also we place volunteers in other projects we network with in Kenya poor communities.
We recruit volunteers who are skilled and non skilled to come and volunteer in different programs.
We have multiple programs for groups,students,Missionaries,retired,skilled
and none skilled participants.
We have hosted volunteers from USA,Canada,Australia,UK,Ireland,Scotland,Italy and many more nations and they have always come over to volunteer in great projects where they get amazing experience and impact communities around.
Safety of volunteers, is our main priority.Participants are hosted in host families which are very organized. The participants who are not able to be hosted by families we help them get affordable and nice hostels at their own costs.We make sure that volunteers are comfortable with the projects /programs and also very safe and get the best service.
–Medical missions [camps],Dental missions [camps],Teaching,Missions and Discipleship community,Children bible school,church planting and bible distribution,feeding children,sponsorships,,Orphanage work,and,Schools,Wildlife,Cultural concervation,Youth empowerment,women,microfinance,Clean water,clothing to children,Adult education for women and men.
We are very much interested to partner with volunteer organizations and host their volunteers in our projects here in Kenya and bring service to needy communities.
Participants get to experience new culture,meet new people and make friends,Do trips and see interesting area,help the needy and under privileged communities,learn new language, etc
Here is the list of Volunteer work at the centre;
- Volunteers can willingly buy and donate -Food,Sports equipments,and Text Books
- Teaching children different subjects-Volunteers work as support teachers.They work hand in hand with the employed teachers.
- Washing utencils after lunch-We provide breakfast and lunch and therefore volunteers can do cleaning of utencils after meals.
- Cooking for childrens and serving food.
- Feeding the little childrens.
- Sports volunteering-Volunteers can help during sports time.They can organise activities to introduce to children.
- Community development.
- Evergelism and church planting.
- Orphanage volunteering.
- Fundraising volunteers.
- Medical volunteering-We work in partnership with healthcare cetnres where we set up medical camps and dental camps .We allow medical students or Qualified nurses,and students who want to do nursing at collages to come and work with other Doctors at the clinic.This offers them with hands on medical experience.We also look for medical missions organizations to sent us volunteers and interns to work with us to reach out to communities.
Please Note That;
Family volunteering-volunteers can volunteer as a group,family or individual.Volunteers are hosted by host families during their stay.
If you are a student seeking academic credit or simply want to add experience and knowledge in your specified field through international internship, we will provide you a meaningful and incredible option and opportunity for you to achieve this. You will work alongside local people and experience a culture that is both fascinating and enlightening. You'll also have wonderful opportunities to learn about issues pertaining to the third world country.
Your placement also depends on the time you want to stay on the field. Internship programs are available throughout the year for 1-12 weeks. Dates and duration are subject to availability, but Agape Academy will work with you to accommodate your needs.
To apply for the our project, no previous experience,skills or profession in your area of study is required, anyone can volunteer and previous foreign travel is desirable, but not required. You should also have to be open-minded as you'll encounter culture and the mentality of the people that are very different from what you're used to back home.
Arrangement of room/food/supervision:
As a Agape Academy Volunteering's volunteer participant, you will live with a warm and welcoming host family. You'll have a shared room and other facilities. You'll eat with your host family 3 meals a day. Our host families are carefully chosen and all of them have experience of hosting international volunteers. The place is also safe and secure and the meals hygienically prepared. At least one member of the host family will be able to communicate with you in English. During your work, you'll also stay in a host family. This setup will provide you with a wonderful opportunity to experience local culture also.